Inspiring content. Expert advice.
Each week, soccer experts from around the globe weigh in on everything from athlete development to coaching techniques – all aimed at helping you best your best.
Check back each week for updates!
Each week, soccer experts from around the globe weigh in on everything from athlete development to coaching techniques – all aimed at helping you best your best.
Check back each week for updates!
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?Information automatically collected In Short: Some information — such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Services. We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent. We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below. We use the information we collect or receive:
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law. We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this policy will require us keeping your personal information for longer than __________. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time. If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at email@example.com.
9. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURESMost web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
10. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws. We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
11. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
If you use Best Athletes’ products or services, further information may also be provided in your contract with us. If you are an employee, worker or contractor of Best Athletes, the information about how we handle your personal information is available in the Best Athletes Handbook. With respect to employees based in Europe, we are committed to cooperating with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and comply with the advice given by such authorities with regard to human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship. We do not collect social security or equivalent national tax ID numbers, except for employment purposes. If you are a prospective employee or job applicant of Best Athletes, we will provide you with information about how we handle your personal information for recruitment purposes. This will be provided to you if you commence any of our recruitment initiatives.
Personal information is data relating to a person that can be used to help uniquely identify them, either directly or indirectly. You may be asked to provide personal information when in contact with Best Athletes. If you do not provide us with certain requested personal information we may not be able to provide you with some or all of Best Athletes’ products and services.
If you are a representative of a corporate entity, such as a professional sports club, then Best Athletes may use your personal information to provide and customize our products and services, and send you marketing communications related to our products and services.
Where you are an individual (i.e., not a representative of a corporate entity) and have consented to us using your personal data for marketing purposes, we may use your information to conduct marketing and data analysis or to send you updates and news concerning Best Athletes and its business partners. If at any time after you have consented to us using your information for marketing purposes you wish us to stop using your information for these purposes, please email us at email@example.com.
When you visit our website(s), download or install a software application, create a registered user account, purchase or register a product, complete a survey, or download a software update, we may collect information, including but not limited to: name, mailing address, phone number, email address, athlete profile information (as described in Section 3 below), contact preferences, credit card information and payment history.
We may also collect such information when you contact us in person (for example, at clinics, conferences, workshops, seminars and other events), via telephone, facsimile or email. When you send us an email, that address will be recorded automatically for purposes of replying to your email. If you represent a corporate entity, such as a professional sports club, by providing your email address, you are subscribing to our electronic newsletter and product updates, which may include information about new features and new services. You may unsubscribe from this content by following the steps detailed in the email footer or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may receive and store certain types of website usage information when you visit our websites. Website usage information helps us determine how visitors arrive, what type of content is most popular and which visitors are interested in particular content and advertising. We may collect the page visited, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other information about your engagement with our site and services. We may also collect your IP address and your Device Identifier. A Device Identifier is a number automatically assigned to the computer, cell phone or tablet used to access the Internet. We may associate your Device Identifier with the personal information you provide.
When you browse our website(s), we may collect information about you, regardless of whether you have created a registered user account. However, if you choose to access our websites anonymously, we may not be able to provide you with particular products or services. We collect and store personal information if you provide any such personal information, register as a user, provide details at an event, complete a survey or supply personal details through any other form of correspondence. Best Athletes uses this information to provide products and services, as well as for billing, identification, authentication, products and services improvement, contact and research purposes. This information may include: date, time, computer identity, crash data, device type and setting, operating system, language, region, log preferences, registration key, license level, license code, license code status, code registration date, last validation date, Ethernet address, IP address, MAC address, licensed software name and version, OS version, and any other information about user actions required to improve, support and maintain our software.
These pages may contain and therefore collect: name, home and email addresses, phone number, school (name, city and state), graduation year, GPA, ACT/SAT scores, transcripts, parent/guardian information (name, relation, email and phone), age, birth date, photograph, height, weight, jersey number, Twitter handle, sports position, performance scores (30 m sprint, 5 m sprint, endurance test, vertical jump), speed and strength information, sports psychological information, sports awards, sports videos featuring the athlete, and other athlete profile information, as may be updated from time to time. This information can be accessed by the athlete, coaches and team administrators. Verified recruiters may access the profile information of athletes located outside the EU and of those athletes inside the EU that have affirmatively consented to this. The general public may have limited access to athlete profile information based on administrator selected privacy settings. Home and email addresses, phone number, GPA, ACT/SAT scores, transcripts, parent/guardian information (name, relation, email and phone), age, birth date, graduation year and sports awards are not available to the general public by default.
Best Athletes uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage and related technology required to run the Best Athletes website, and such third-party vendors may collect and store your data on behalf of Best Athletes. Best Athletes owns the code, databases and all rights therein. Best Athletes incorporates reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your personal information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that Best Athletes cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit via its websites and/or products, and you do so at your own risk. The websites are general audience websites.
There are circumstances where we may wish to disclose or are compelled to disclose your personal data to third parties. We may share your personal information with: our subsidiaries, branches or associated offices, our partners, vendors, licensees, agents, representatives, distributors, independent contractors, legal advisors, our other professional advisors, and/or to any other third party where you have provided your permission.
Any disclosure to third parties will only take place in accordance with the applicable law and for the purposes listed. These scenarios include disclosure: (1) as required to provide products or services you’ve requested; (2) in order to provide partner-sponsored feature enhancements; (3) when necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use, or as otherwise required by law; (4) on a temporary or permanent basis for the purposes of a joint venture, collaboration, financing, sale, merger, reorganization, change of legal form, dissolution or similar event (in the event we are acquired by or merge with another company, you will be notified before your information is transferred); (5) to protect the security or integrity of our business, including our databases and systems, and for business continuity reasons; (6) to our legal advisors who may need to manage or litigate a claim; and (7) for any other purpose when we have your permission.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age thirteen (13) (or the otherwise applicable age of digital consent in any particular jurisdiction). Children under the applicable age of digital consent are not permitted to use our websites and services, and must request a team adult, parent or guardian provide any personal data in connection with the site and/or services. We will delete any information later determined to have been collected from an underage user. Coaches and Account Administrators may add underage users to a team roster and/or direct invite codes to such users only with express written consent from a parent or legal guardian. Best Athletes is not liable for obtaining such consent on behalf of a team.
Our website contains electronic images (generally, single-pixel .gif images) called “web beacons.” Web beacons allow Best Athletes and third parties to monitor and collect information about the viewer of the web page, web-based document, email message or other communication, such as the type of browser requesting the web beacon, the Device Identifier that the web beacon is sent to, and the time the web beacon was viewed. Best Athletes uses web beacons to count web browsers, visits and page views. It also uses beacons to monitor traffic and conversion patterns, to personalize your experience, including advertising and content, and to determine whether or not messages were opened, links were clicked or notifications/offers were acted upon.
You can opt out of Facebook collection here. You can opt out of Google analytics here, and adjust other Google privacy settings here. Twitter also uses conversion tracking and tailored audience products for advertisements. You can modify your Twitter privacy settings here. Our website may also provide hyperlinks to other websites owned and controlled by others. Best Athletes is not responsible for the privacy practices of any website that it does not own or otherwise control, and you should read the privacy policies of websites owned and controlled by others before deciding whether to proceed.
Best Athletes’ website does not respond to “do not track” settings in browsers.
Best Athletes’ private messaging tools (“Best Athletes Messaging”) are available to Best Athletes subscribers. Messages may be between one sender and one or more recipients. Best Athletes Messaging enables users to have conversations with individual athletes and coaches, custom groups, or the whole team on the same Best Athletes roster. Best Athletes Messaging is intended for use that includes, but is not limited to, sending reminders about practice times, requesting feedback from the team, discussing game strategy, or sharing links to training resources.
When a message is sent, all participants in the conversation (except the sender) receive a notification within HuBest Athletesdl Messaging that they have a new unread message.
Once a message is deleted from the sender’s personal account, it is deleted from the recipient(s’) account(s) as well. Neither the recipient nor the sender is then able to see the message. Once the message is deleted, the action cannot be undone. Any information the sender submits through messaging, however, may be passed along by the recipient without the sender’s knowledge. This may occur by forwarding the notification email or text, or capturing and forwarding a screenshot of the message(s) prior to deletion.
Best Athletes supports the privacy and competitiveness of teams by requiring authentication to view the messages and files shared within a specific team. Best Athletes reserves the right, but is not obligated to, disclose any information if, in its sole opinion, Best Athletes suspects or has reason to suspect that the information involves a party who may be the victim of harassment in any form. Information may be disclosed to authorities that Best Athletes, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate to handle such disclosure. Appropriate authorities may include, without limitation, law enforcement agencies, child protection agencies, or court officials. Additionally, Best Athletes reserves the right to divulge the contents of a communication to an addressee or intended recipient of such communication. Given this, even if both the sender and recipient(s) deleted their message(s), conversation(s) directed at either party may be provided to the individual at either party’s request.
We may also use aggregated Messaging information for purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Best Athletes’ products, services, and customer communications. Best Athletes will not share with any partners any information provided via Messaging, except on aggregate, unless explicitly approved by the team admin.
We reserve the right to access Messaging information when necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, including suspected fraud, harassment, and threats to the safety of any person, as well as violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use, or as otherwise required by law.
If you are in the European Union and/or European Economic Area, to process your data lawfully we need to rely on one or more valid legal grounds. The grounds we may rely upon include: (1) your consent to particular processing activities. For example, where you have consented to us using your information for marketing purposes; (2) our legitimate interests as a business (except where your interests or fundamental rights override these). For example, it is within our legitimate interests to use your data to send you our electronic newsletter and product updates if you represent a corporate entity (unless you have unsubscribed); (3) our compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject. For example, we have a duty to investigate and respond to complaints made against us and may need to process your personal information as part of such investigation; or (4) if you are a customer, or are representing a customer, because processing your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract.
Please contact us at email@example.com any time to exercise any of your data protection rights. Data protection law applicable to individuals in the European Union and/or European Economic Area provides individuals with certain rights, including the right to access, rectify, withdraw consent, erase, restrict, transport, and object to the processing of their personal information. Individuals also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant information protection authority if they believe that their personal information is not being processed in accordance with the law. Further information about your rights is set out below:
Right to obtain a copy of your personal information. You may have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
Right to rectification. You may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal information. If we disagree and believe the information to be accurate and complete, we will advise you and include a notation on the record that you dispute the information’s accuracy. We will respond to your request to correct or supplement your personal information within a reasonable time period and, in any event, within any time period specified in relevant laws.
Right to withdraw consent. You may, as permitted by law, withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit from certain service features for which the processing of your personal information is essential.
Right to object to processing. You may, as permitted by law, request that we stop processing your personal information. You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
Right to erasure. You may request that we erase your personal information and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so.
Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. We suggest that you contact us about any questions or if you have a complaint in relation to how we process your personal information. However, you do have the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority in the relevant country directly. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk.
The Best Athletes platform is currently only intended for individuals in North America (Canada and the US). Note, personal data may be transferred throughout the Best Athletes organization and to our outsourced service providers located abroad. In these circumstances, we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate technical, organization, contractual or other lawful means. Please contact Best Athletes (details set out below) for further information about the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal data and privacy rights in these circumstances.
Residents of California have the right to:
To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website is owned and operated by Best Athletes Ltd.
Best Athletes 14 Erb St W. Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 1S7 email: email@example.com
Updated March 20, 2020